Monday, 17 February 2014

Small steps and little victories

Day 2 of my back on track and I am going to celebrate my successes from the last two days.  The last two days you say, really come back to me after a week, after a month even.  I have tried to kick start this change over and over and usually don't make it past 3pm before I fail.  Just like we would congratulate someone who has quit smoking after only two days, I am going to congratulate and acknowledge the successes I have had over the last two days. 

I feel the need to pat myself on the back for tracking everything that I have eaten, drank and done over the last two days.  No creative writing was had, everything went on.  By omitting anything the only person I am cheating is myself.  Previously I have been sneaky or just a little less honest with myself, and seriously what is the point?  I know I've done it, I'm not fooling myself and at the end of the week, I can see that I've cheated myself as I'm not seeing the rewards.  If I can't be honest with myself, then I have bigger problems then simply breaking up with my fridge.

Over the past two nights I have not been tempted by the fridge, actually I tell lies, I have been tempted but I have allowed that little voice of willpower to be stronger then that voice of temptation.  This afternoon I probably had my most testing moments.  I was starving after a pretty big workout in the morning and lunch was not cutting it on its own.  I kept going into the pantry ready to raid whatever I could find.  This was after already eating some left over roast chicken and vegies from the night before and some banana crisps.  I eyed the twisties but in the end I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and sat back down.  Victory one to me. 

Tonight I gave in a little to temptation (aka my sweet tooth) and had a bite size milky way and two marsh mallows straight after dinner, although I would have liked to have turned away from the marshmallows, I tracked them.  I accounted for them and unlike times before I stopped at the two, I didn't devour a handful and then go in search for more food.  Not a complete success but not a fail either.  Small steps.  This is a small step in the right direction for me.

I have no intention of cutting my sweets completely out of my life, I have learnt from past experiences that for me this does not work and I end up binging on these items at one point or another.  My goal is for moderation with everything that I do.  It will be a work in progress, I am a work in progress.  Small steps and little victories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget