Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Breaking habits

I never realised how much of a habit I had created for myself.  The last two nights have been an absolute test on my will power.  With returning to work, that need to snack straight after dinner has just escalated.  I finish what is on my plate, put the plates in the sink in the kitchen and then immediately open the fridge and pantry looking for something a little extra.  Something sweet.  Anything really. The urge to eat something has been so strong lately, it has been scary.  It scares me how quickly the pull comes over me and how much internal fight it takes to resist it.  I know this habit was formed over night and I am not going to be able to stop it over night either.  There is a long road ahead and I know it is not going to be easy.  So far so good and I haven't succumbed, it's just scary how close I get to giving in whilst standing in front of the fridge.  I can do this, I will do this!!!

Whilst I'm breaking habits with my eating I also need to start creating new habits with my exercise.  I keep using the girls as an excuse and even though their schedules have taken over my previous scheduled gym sessions, it is not an excuse.  I need to recreate my schedule, plan new gym sessions and get my backside back into gear.  Yesterday I did diddly squat and this was a night that I used to have a previous gym session.  I need to get a workout back into this day.  Tonight I did a quick 15 minute workout of situps, pushups, some core stuff and burpees.  Just a little something before we ducked out to dinner.  Something to make sure that I wasn't going to have more than two days with no structured exercise, not just incidental exercise. 

Wednesday was another night that I had scheduled and in an attempt to keep at least one of my girls getting to bed at a decent hour I have cut back.  However I am now thinking that I can still fit a quick trip in to the gym after my eldest gets picked up for swimming training.  Throw in some rowing/treadmill interval training, quick intense but effective session.  Thursday I have decided to rejoin Gladiator school on a casual basis so I can attend this session, nothing else on at the gym in the morning tickled my fancy.  Friday through to Sunday was a bit of a gamble to what exercise I squeezed in. 

I really feel to insure I'm moving everyday I need to get on the treadmill in the morning.  So far I have sucked majorly in getting out of bed in the morning and have a tendency to constantly hit snooze when I even try to attempt it.  I know nobody is a morning person and it is just a case of just bloody doing it.  I need to find that mindset and get moving.  Something, even just a quick 15 minutes in the morning.  A run, some intervals or even just a walk.  I, Katherine, starting Monday will get up when the alarm goes off and get up and move.  No excuses, just frigging do it!!!       

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget